Happy February, happy Valentines!
What you need to know about this month…
Here’s a funny thing; in my personal life, I have tons of friends who don’t really believe in astrology per se, and certainly hardly ever ask me for a reading. This month just gone, though, was a different story. Honestly, I have been inundated by requests from friends, acquaintances and people who want to read for them.
I’m a big follower of patterns, so I couldn’t noticing the rise in requests. As soon as I thought about it, of course, it made total sense.
As you will remember, 2019 kicked off with not one but TWO eclipses! OF COURSE it’s going to be intense.
As soon as I started realising that, I felt better. I had an explanation for why so many people were going through the January mill and complaining about it either personally to me or in memes on their Facebook feed.
February should come as something of a relief
February should come as something of a relief to those of us who were doing it tough in January. For the record, the signs (and rising signs) most affected were in no particular order; Capricorns, Moonchildren, Aquarians and Leos and people with those signs rising.
– No eclipses
– No alignments by any of the heavy duty outer planets
– No major planetary clashes
The top 3 pressure points in February would arguably be:
– A Mars/Pluto clash on February 2. This most certainly starts the month off with a loud bang. More on that below.
– The pre-Valentines Mars/Uranus connection. Again more on that below.
– Plus there’s a powerful Venus/Pluto connection on February 23 which could make the end of the month feel very intense and maybe even a tad obsessive.
No Retrograde Planets
One very interesting thing which IS going on in February is the fact that for the first time in what feels like a VERY long time, there are NO retrograde planets in the entire month of February. This is quite rare anyway but is especially interesting after the so-called “season of retrogrades” we had last year in the second half of 2018.
That was the reason why so many people felt like their lives were moving two steps forwards and one step back such a lot last year. As well it’s why so many weird things happen. Changes of plan at the last minute. Feeling unable to keep up with the changing tempos of life. On the upside, there were lots of second chances too, including in love.
I had some very weird stuff happen – I tell the following three stories not because they show the start/stop/start, forwards/backwards/forwards, yay/boo/yay nature of the retrogrades. (I am not complaining. Life is good! But this was the tone.)
– When I went on holidays in Europe in the middle of the year, the gorgeous-looking Airbnb apartment with a view over the Mediterranean we’d booked for the entire month of August turned out to be a little hovel with a view not of the ocean but a building site! (Boo!) Luckily my beautiful cousins came to the rescue and let us stay with them in their beautiful home, including while they went on holidays themselves. (Yay!)
– For another example, one of my favourite horoscope columns for a massive international company got the chop (boo!). This was due to the infernal budget cuts we keep hearing about. Six weeks later … they were reinstated. Rollercoaster! (Yay!)
– I flew to India for a two weeks holiday with my family and then left after just four days because there was an outbreak of dengue fever where I was headed (boo!). One minute I was sipping coconut water poolside in the sun, on the coast, grateful to be alive, the next I was in the hotel room packing our bags. We managed to get back to London and ended up having a week in Paris instead where we saw some fantastic people (yay!)
This was what it was all about.
Start stop, do over, do it again.
In theory with all the planets now moving forwards there should be less of the confusion. So use February wisely. Tie up loose ends from last year and start to make some proper plans for 2019 if you were too stressed in January to do them properly.
Where’s The Moon?
Speaking of plans, where’s the Moon, right? If you’re a regular reader, you will know that doing anything like described above is best done as soon as you can after the New Moon.
Why the New Moon?
It’s kind of a mystery why. The history of working with the New Moon to consciously create, like that of Tarot, is lost in the outlawed and burned teachings of so-called “sorcery”. Source-cery. Get it? From the Source. Creation from the Source. New Moon intentions have worked for me and thousands of people I’ve been exploring alongside, including online and on Facebook. You could christen (so to speak!) sorcery as where the Divine Feminine meets conscious creation.
The New And Full Moon This Month
Moon in Aquarius on February 4
New Moon details:
London: 4 Feb at 21:03
Sydney: 5 Feb at 8:03
LA: 4 Feb at 13:03
Get your New Moon Info Sheet at www.moonmessages.com/moonlite
Full Moon in Virgo on February 19
Full Moon details:
London: 19 Feb at 15:53
Sydney: 20 Feb at 2:53
LA: 19 Feb at 7:53
Get your Full Moon Worksheet at www.moonmessages.com/moonlite
About Valentine’s Day/ And What About Love?
Actually Valentine’s Day 2019 looks pretty good. The Moon will be in Gemini, for a start, which is overall a good thing, mainly because it makes people chattier. And while you might have other things on your mind if you’re falling in love, old marrieds will hopefully be able to enjoy some time together where they connect mentally as much as anything else, if you know what I mean! (Keeping it clean!)
Moreover, on the night of February 14, the Moon will be in the waxing cycle. That’s the “intention” and “rising up” cycle which again augurs well for relationships on VD2019. Plus on the day, sex planet Mars moves into sensual Taurus and the next planetary link to form post February 14 is a very romantic Venus/Neptune connection. Cue sentiment, love fantasies and getting drunk with your beloved. Them’s the facts, among other things!
Good Love Dates
To work out the good love dates, one trick is to see what the planet of love and cuddles, pleasure and lacy underwear, Venus, is up to. Here’s the hottest Venus dates of February.
February 2 – the day could start off with a bit of upset but a lovely Venus/Uranus link later on should help things to settle down.
February 3 – Venus moves into Capricorn. Especially good if you have planets in Capricorn!
Speaking Of Love
Venus spends most of the month in the sign of Capricorn – find out what that means for you in your full-length February horoscopes here
A Cautionary Note
As mentioned above, there is one super tense link this month and it takes place right at the start of February (so it’s totally over and done with by Valentine’s Day). It’s a clash between angry Mars and furious Pluto. So mind how you go in the first few days of February, especially if you have a short fuse or you’re dealing with someone who has a short fuse! Wherever you have Mars now is where you could feel the upset. Here’s where that is for you at the time of the clash:
What About Your Focus?
Meanwhile the Sun – the focus – is in the sign of Aquarius for most of February. Wherever the Sun is, imagine it shining a spotlight in your chart. It’s a time to see how confident you feel about whichever part of your life is being illuminated. Also to check you’re not being arrogant!
Have a beautiful month!